Here are my notes on Ravi Zacharias’ talk on the recently concluded Global Discipleship Congress @CCF Manila.
1. False assumption lead to false conclusions. I had to make a mental note of this because most of the challenges/gossips/false judgments and criticisms inside church is based on a false assumption.
2. The heart message of discipleship is the cross. Where does absolute love, evil, justice and forgiveness converge? On the hill of Calvary!!!
3. You have no gospel if you have no cross. Ravi mentioned a best selling Christian book in the market and when he read it was saddened because the gospel was not present in the book that tells us how to have our best life now.
4. You will never know the Lord until you have been crucified with Him.
5. Two of the loneliest group of people in the world are the: Most Wealthy and Most Famous.
On his 2nd session on Worship and Discipleship
1. You cannot worship God without emotions. Not emotionalism but emotions.
2. “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
3. “A worse form of sacrilege than taking something that belongs to God and using it profanely is taking something from God and giving it back to Him as a sacrifice when it means nothing to you.” – G Campbell Morgan
4. You cannot worship God without sacrifice. I will not offer anything that cost me nothing!!
5. You cannot worship God without the purity of heart.
6. “Worship is the submission of all of our nature to God. It is the quickening of conscience by His holiness, Nourishment of mind by His truth, Purifying of imagination by His beauty, Opening of the heart to His love, And submission of will to his purpose. And all this gathered up in adoration is the greatest of human expressions of which we are capable.” And I would add, enabled by our faith in Him from His grace to us by His Spirit of truth because of His love for us seen in His Son Jesus Christ. – Archbishop William Temple